Friday, July 4, 2008

Don't Blow Your Fingers Off!

Not much doin' here in Cairo on the Fourth of July. We finished classes yesterday so now everyone's scrambling to learn five weeks of material in one weekend before finals start next week. I can't exempt myself from that statement, though my grades aren't transferring back to my school, so it's not such a huge deal for me.

Tonight, we're all taking time off from our finals studying to do the most American thing we can in Cairo...that's right, dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe! We heard the embassy is having some party, but it's out in the rich-people part of town (the other one, besides the one we're living in) and it's during the day when we're all studying. Therefore, instead of doing the usual American things like setting off fireworks, wearing cowboy hats and shooting apple pies with Colt revolvers, we'll just have to settle for the deliciously overpriced American food the Hard Rock cooks up. Maybe they'll have Budweiser there (do you see what I've been reduced to? I'm sorry, Dad). I'm pumped! Have a good day, everyone, and make sure the fuses are long and the beers are cold. Peace from the Middle East

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim, how would you be able to tell the difference between Budweiser and Nile River water?

We missed you on the 4th. Mom, Anna, Colin and I went to a parade in Evanston, near Colin's hospital. The next night, we watched the fireworks at Navy Pier. It would have been nice if you had been there with us.

We're looking forward to having you home in a couple of weeks. Keep up the blog and don't forget about the studying.

Dad